Monday, July 17, 2006

Signs and Portends


Well, I'm back up and running on the computer of the esteemed Mr. Livingston while my own darling is shipped off to Appletown. But I wanted to update you all on the state of things.

At least some of the waiting referred to in the previous post (and the Tom Petty song) has ended. The final design for the sign is completed (you're looking at it) and thanks to Sarah's exemplary efforts at ladder-holding, the sign has been measured and sent to print. Which I guess means more waiting.

Also finished this weekend were the designs for the shelving units. Joel assures me that once they are cut, they'll be easy enough for a monkey to assemble. A monkey with a power drill, anyway. We loaded ten very heavy sheets of Medium Density Fiberboard out to his shop in Lansing yesterday in the blistering heat. MDF is kind of like superpacked cardboard, about an inch thick and cut into 4'x8' sheets. We're estimating it's going to take at least twenty sheets to build all the units. The first prototype is being built some time this week. Which I guess means more waiting.

But oh let me tell you about my new hobby. On Friday I set up distributor accounts with three companies, so I now have access to three fairly daunting wholesale catalogs. To give you an idea, the smallest of the three companies carries 22,622 items. Yesterday I picked out everything I wanted from Merge Records. Today I'm going to work my way through Matador. But here's your chance, folks. What albums do you absolutely need to see in No Radio Records. Sound off.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i LOVE LOVE LOVE the sign.

YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!

Anonymous said...

sign looks gorgeous!!!! xoxo, your ladder wench

Anonymous said...

That sign rocks so hard...i may get that tattooed on my chest....maybe

ps. stock up lots from Polyvinyl Record's catalog for me! please!

Anonymous said...

sign is hot, hot, hot.

music suggestions would include pharcyde, souls of mischief, dead prez, edan, madlib, ethiopiques, willie nelson, johnny cash, richie hawtin, quintron, ted leo, broadcast... um... and more, too

No Radio said...

Wonderful suggestions! Already got some Willie, Johnny and a couple of the Ethiopiques volumes in the cart, along with Ted and the Broadcast kids. The hiphop is this weekend's research project.

Anonymous said...

sign looks killer! nice work, dan. -ben

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested