Thursday, August 10, 2006

And All the Sudden, It Looks...

...like a goddam record store. Shelves are in an arrangement. Walls are in tact. It's dirty as all get out, but I tell you what, it's going to be a record store pretty darned soon.

New cds are being delivered tomorrow, including, I think, my stuff from iTown. Or is is I-Town? Has Apple so violently appled my brain that now whenever I see apple, I assume it's apple?

And the sign is coming on Saturday! That's right, what was once a myspace icon will soon be TWELVE FEET ACROSS!!!

Along with about a thousand radio tower logo stickers.

My dad's coming out on Saturday as well, although he will not be twelve feet across. He is pretty tall. He and my youngest brother are going to put their shoulders to the wheel. I won't say which wheel.

Opinion question of the day. I have a bright, almost tarheel blue paint that I used for some of the trim around the windows. I'm thinking of using it to paint the back wall. I think a bold-colored wall at the end of a long room (particularly if the room is done in lighter and darker shades of the same color and has openings into other colored rooms) makes a nice visual focus when one enters. Plus it would create a situation where the storefront would be the color of the sign's background and the back wall would be roughly the color of the sign's font. Plus it would mean I wouldn't have to go back to Sherwin Williams for the hundredth time. Some people disagree and are voting for a more neutral color or a very pale blue.

Given that you have only vague ideas what I'm talking about, what do you guys think? I'll need opinions by tomorrow round noon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes, indeed, the blue sounds like quite a show-stopper. dare i say even a conversation piece amonngst those 'in the know.' And the less money and trips to Sherwin Williams (fascists) the better. i say go with blue and blow the record buying public away. ahh yes, BRILLIANT!