Thursday, April 03, 2008

A Week or So of Nerdiness

Ah, the 60-cycle hum of dead air. Sorry for my absence of late. Several projects are in the works, some of them music related, some of them comics related. One of them might see a post later today, but for now, the fine folks at PopCultureShock have my review of "The Ten Cent Plague" up in their Alternate Currents column, which for a comic book nerd is pretty cool. You can check it out here.

Today or tomorrow, I'll be posting my interview with cartoonist Alison Bechdel, who wrote one of the best graphic memoirs I've ever read with 2006's "Fun Home". In fairness, the high point of the interview is the UPS guy. Next week, I'll be posting an interview with another of my favorite cartoonists, Terry Moore, whose "Strangers in Paradise" series was one of the few reasons to regularly visit a comic book store through much of the late 90s and whose new book, "Echo" just started last month. One of the original self-publishing brats. And yeah, mystery link later today.

No comments: